Translate

Saturday 27 December 2014

What is there to celebrate in christmas?

It’s been awesome moments passing by as Christmas 2014 is gradually becoming a thing of the past. People have done different things on the course of this celebration in other to show forth the reason for the season. While trying to be in this mood,
I have been honestly thinking; “What does Christ or his coming mean to me, am I celebrating as someone that the person of Christ and his Lordship have had a positive impact on? In fact who is Christ to me?
According to Luke 2 v 30 – 32, Christ was described as;
~ a salvation which has been prepared in the sight of all the people.
~ a light for revelation to the Gentiles
~ and the glory of the people of Israel.
As Christians we ought to have the revelation of who Christ is, and that comes immediately after being saved with his blood, followed by his glory hovering all around us, and with constant digging in the word of God accompanied with fervent prayer, we are brought to the knowledge of who Christ is and the work he wants to do in us and with us. So therefore if you are celebrating but do not have testimony of who Christ is to you then you need to sit down and have a good thinking about your life.
This journey of Christ to the earth which we commemorated on the 25th was propelled by love. He also ended it with love on the cross. The cross was the climax of this love in manifestation. Seriously there is no love without action; it is not Love until it acts, he demonstrated this by not only saying “here I am send me, but he took it upon himself to undergo all the pain including emotional pain which probably is the most painful. At the climax of his earth walk, this Love was unveiled on the cross. He came to the earth on his own volition, despite all that he was going to suffer. He knew that by today his coming will bring newness to the world individually and collectively. That is why today we can boldly call him our Lord and personal saviour. He introduced two great virtues in the world; LOVE and GRACE.
Jesus really means more than we can say or show, that is the reason why we grow in him, we cannot say we know all about him. As we are in the season of Love I will like to remind us not to do an empty celebration but to make good meaning out of it. It is not bad to even sacrifice something special to you. He came to bear our sickness and carry our pain, that’s a lot to sacrifice but he did it anyway, I always tell myself that if Christ can do it then I can because am a co-heir with him. It was love that kept him on the cross where he made the highest sacrifice. Even people living in sin are benefitting from this great sacrifice as they have opportunity to repent as far as they are still alive. Christ is my way of life, he is the reason why I live, he is my love, my salvation, and he is my glory and the lifter up of my head. Before I jet out I want to ask you really who is Christ to you and why are you celebrating?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Its a free world so you can air your views in form of a comment.